The new Ziegfeld Collection from Tiffany makes its worldwide debut today, the first collection to be released in collaboration with the upcoming film, The Great Gatsby.
Tiffany created all the jewelry for the much anticipated movie, scheduled for release on May 10.
“The jewelry we created for this momentous production of Fitzgerald’s famous novel and our designs for the Ziegfeld Collection reveal the style of the period and Tiffany as its premier jeweler,” said John King, executive vice president of Tiffany & Co.
The Ziegfeld Collection is the first to be released to the public; it features 13 pieces, inspired from the Tiffany archives and even better, you don’t have to be a “Gatsby” to afford them !
We have the full collection now for your viewing pleasure, so feast your eyes on these timeless Jazz Age pieces !
1. Ziegfeld Daisy Locket, in sterling silver, $600.
This heart-shaped locket is sterling silver and embellished with a daisy, reflecting the romance of the period along with the prevalence of keepsake jewelry.
2. Ziegfeld ultra large Daisy pendant in sterling silver, $800.
The daisy motif is featured throughout the collection; it was thought to be a sign of good luck.
3. Ziegfeld earrings with freshwater pearls in sterling silver, $450.
The pearl jewelry of the Jazz Age era had a more modern, streamlined look that coincided with the fashions of the day; sleeveless, dropped-waist shift dresses with shorter hemlines were also perfect for showing off long strands of pearls and beads.
4-5. Ziegfeld pearl necklace, 87 inches of cultured freshwater pearls with sterling silver, $1000.
6. Ziegfeld necklace of freshwater cultured pearls with sterling silver clasp. 18-20 inches: $500. 30 inches: $650.
Another signature look from the 1920′s was the tasseled necklace, also known as a sautoir, a French term for a long necklace that suspends a tassel or other ornament.
7. Ziegfeld tassel necklace of freshwater pearls with sterling silver, $1200.
This necklace features a long rope of luxurious pearls, with a pearl tassel, and signifies the energetic sense of movement taking hold in the 1920′s. Think Flapper girls dancing the Charleston !
8. Ziegfeld onyx pendant, black onyx and freshwater pearls in sterling silver, $400.
9.. Ziegfeld pearl and onyx ring, with freshwater pearls, black onyx, set in sterling silver, $450.
10. Ziegfeld Daisy ring, in black onyx and sterling silver, $550.
For the gentlemen, Tiffany focused on key pieces you would see men wearing to a glamorous party, perhaps thrown by the Great Gatsby himself. Tailored and sophisticated, a well-accessorized man would never arrive without his cufflinks.
11. Ziegfeld black enamel cufflinks in sterling silver, $350.
12. Daisy cufflinks, in sterling silver. $300.
13. Signet ring in black onyx and sterling silver, $650.
All of the pieces from the Ziegfeld Collection were inspired from Tiffany’s extensive archive: this extraordinary collection is available today, April 1, from Tiffany & Co. worldwide and online.
The Great Gatsby Collection, designed by costume designer, Catherine Martin, in conjunction with Tiffany is scheduled for release in early May. We will show you those as soon as we have them !
Images, courtesy of Tiffany & Co.